Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, documents and videos anywhere and share them easily with friends, family, teammates, clients, or anyone. Never email yourself a file again!
Technology is changing everyday and it’s amazing all the things we can do with “the cloud”. The cloud is a centralized storage area and can be accessed when you are online, so it’s not a physical tangible thing.
Upload your files to the cloud via Dropbox, instead of emailing them to your clients. You can set up access so that you and your client will have access to the files/folders without all the emails. The files will not be lost and will be accessible from anywhere. Access the cloud from a computer anywhere, traveling for the holidays, work or vacation, and get to everything with a click of the mouse. Using Dropbox will free up space in your email.
The basic features of Dropbox are FREE, which includes:
- Storage of 2GB
- Accessibility of files from the secure Dropbox website
- Teaming with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry
- Accessing files even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Transferring part of a file that changes (not the whole thing)
- Manually set bandwidth limits — Dropbox won’t hog your connection.
- Instantly see other people’s changes
- Creating photo galleries that anyone, you choose can view
- Sending a link to any file or folder in your Dropbox
- Keeping a one-month history of your work
- Any changes can be undone, and files can be undeleted
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256 bit encryption
- Editing files in your Dropbox from your phone